Our prototype tiny house that we built in 2015. TH#1 features a woody, light-filled interior and spacious sleeping loft, low maintenance exterior materials, an electrical system that is connected to the grid but can be switched to the solar powered batteries, all built on a custom 18’ trailer.
1 Propane Tank 2 Shower 3 Nature's Head Composting Toilet 4 Propane fueled Instant Hot Water 5 42 Gallon Fresh Water Tank 6 2 Burner Propane Cooktop 7 Fold-down Table 8 12v Refrigerator 9 Propane Heater 10 Electric Convection Heater 11 Electric / Solar Panel 12 Storage above 13 Sleeping Loft 14 Storage 15 Skylight 16 Whole House Exhaust Fan
When choosing fixtures and appliances, we have Given careful consideration to sustainability and overall energy use. Our TINY HOUSE No. 1 MOdel Includes The following:
- Walls, floor and roof made with ZIP R panels with additional insulation that prevents thermal bridging.
- Bamboo flooring
- Low Voltage LED light fixtures
- A 12V DC portable fridge/freezer
- Butcher block kitchen counters
- 2 burner propane cook top
- Stainless steel kitchen sink
- Solar Panel System w/ 2 solar panels and 2 batteries for limited off grid power.
- 42 gallon freshwater tank
- Hot water on-demand
- Composting toilet
Click below for an explanation of the systems and the products used in our Tiny Houses...